• Lush cherry, bitter dark chocolate and spice tea notes with texture and juiciness
• Small production gem of Chianti Classico’s famous Panzano region
• Other: 17 Greve in Chianti – Panzano. 90% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot.
Lustrous mid ruby. Peppery, balsamic cherry fruit nose that is a little stalky. Lots of acidityand surprisingly fresh raspberry fruit – its freshness not at all refective of this very hot andarid vintage.
Looks like the fruit was harvested early. Great length. (WS)
• Vinous / Antonio Galloni: 89 The 2017 Chianti Classico is rich, radiant and positively seductive. All of the richness and raciness of 2017 comes through as this open-knit, polished Chianti Classico shows off its personality. Sweet ripe cherry, kirsch, hard candy and spice add to the wine's flamboyant character. The 2017 is not a subtle wine, but it is quite expressive and giving, not to mention rather delicious.
-- Antonio Galloni
• JamesSuckling.com: 91 Dark cherries, peperoncino and cedar. Full-bodied and lightly spicy with plenty of raspberry-compote character. Drink now.